Which Squat do you Prefer?
Depending on how you’re feeling today you may opt to choose one squat over the other.
Here are the benefits to each and how to properly practice!
Regular Squat: Aims to strengthen! You will feel these almost instantly in your glutes, hamstrings and abs. It also helps maintain mobility and balance in your body which is super important!
1. Stand with feet just over shoulder with apart, toes pointing forward.
2. Keep your spine straight, abs engaged as you begin to bend your knees and hips to a 90 degree angle. Keep knees in the center of your feet and weight in your heels.
3. Carefully stand and repeat!
Yogi Squat: Aims for flexibility! You will feel this instantly in your hips, inner thighs, hamstrings and groin. It will help your posture improve and aids in digestion!
1. Come into a squat with toes slightly turned out and carefully lower your bottom below your knees.
2. Bring your hands to prayer as you press your elbows into your inner thighs and lift up out of your hips.
3. Hold for about 30 seconds and gently come back up! If it’s too hard to choose between the two today, why not practice both?!! Make sure you to share this post with a friend who loves to workout and practice yoga! Xo Melis -