Yoga for Beginners
Are you confused in a yoga class or too intimidated to try yoga? I want to show you 5 amazing yoga poses that will make you feel comfortable in almost any yoga class OR practicing at home on your own!! Swipe for the video and read more detail below!!
1. Mountain Pose (Tadasana): This pose is your foundation for all standing poses. Make sure core and legs are engaged - tailbone is going down and chest is proud.
2. Plank Pose (Kumbhakasana): This pose will strengthen your core and build balance. Make sure you have a straight line from head to heels!
3. Upward Facing Dog (Urdvha Mukha Savasana): This will be your base for learning to practice deeper chest openers. Make sure hands are under shoulders and thighs are lifted. Don’t sink into your back - lift out of your chest.
4. Downward Facing Dog (Adho Mukha Savasana): This will be your resting pose in class (doesn’t always feel like it though!) If you hear this called out from a plank pose shift your chest towards your thighs creating a triangle with your body.
5. Child’s pose (Balasana): If you ever need a rest during your yoga practice - come here!! Coming into child’s pose shows that you know when your body needs a break! This will open your hips, relax your arms and feel so amazing!
Save this post and share with your friends who you think would love this!! Also ask me any yoga questions you may have in the comments below!